Congratulations to Université Laval student Sébastien Mackey whom was named to the Honour Roll of the Faculté des études supérieures et postdoctorales (FESP). During his master's studies, he maintained a GPA of over 4.1 / 4.3. His work focused on Les artères commerciales de Québec: proximité, accessibilité et fréquentation. Sébastien Mackey was under the supervision of Owen Waygood during 2016-2017.
Congratulations to Gabrielle Anne Reid, a graduate of Université Laval, whom was also named to the FESP Honour Roll. Gabrielle Anne Reid was under the supervision of Owen Waygood during her master's degree studies in spatial planning and regional development.
DOUGLAS MENTAL HEALTH UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE
Congratulations to McGill University student Nathaniel Moxley-Kelly, under the supervision of Thomas G. Brown, who received a Marie Giguère Travel Award from the Douglas Mental Health University Institute. This award is associated to an amount of $500 and allowed Nathaniel to present at CARSP-ACPSER 2018, which took place June 10-13 in Victoria, British Columbia.
Traffic Safety Scholars
Congratulations to McGill University student Nathaniel Moxley-Kelly, under the supervision of Thomas G. Brown, who was awarded a $ 1,000 scholarship to attend the 37th National Lifesavers Conference on Highway Safety Priorities, April 22-24 in San Antonio, Texas. He was also named a 2018 Lifesavers Traffic Safety Scholar (TSS). He is one of 50 U.S. and international students selected through a competitive application process. This conference showcases the latest research, evidence-based strategies, proven countermeasures, and promising new approaches for address the nation's most pressing traffic safety issues.
RÉSEAU DE RECHERCHE EN SÉCURITÉ ROUTIÈRE DU QUÉBEC
2017-2018 Master's, PhD and Postdoctoral Student Awards
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2017-2018 Student Awards! These awards were to be used as an effect of lever by students, either through the submission of provincial or federal scholarship applications (Option A, full coverage of the award by the RRSR), or a 50% participation by the RRSR and 50% by the research funds of the student's supervisor (Option B).
Master's level - $4,000
Nathaniel Moxley-Kelly, McGill University (under the supervision of Thomas G. Brown; Option A)
- Longitudinal risk of recidivism for driving while intoxicated offenders with fearlessness and executive control impairment typological profiles
- Typologically based controlled trials for interventions on driving while intoxicated offenders: A systematic review of the literature
Doctorate level - $5,000
Ting Fu, McGill University (under the supervision of Luis Miranda-Moreno and Nicolas Saunier; Option B)
- A novel approach to evaluate pedestrian safety in different crosswalk environments and related treatments using trajectory data
Jesse Michaels, Université de Montréal (under the supervision of Jocelyn Faubert; Option B)
- Effets d’un entraînement des habiletés perceptivo-cognitives sur les capacités de conduite automobile
Dorrie Rizzo, Université de Montréal (under the supervision of Eva Libman and Gilles Lavigne; Option B)
- Devrait-on cibler tous les individus atteints de l'apnée du sommeil comme étant des conducteurs à risque élevé? Un profil de risque comportemental et psychologique.
Postdoctorate level - $7,500
Romain Chaumillon, Université de Montréal (under the supervision of Jocelyn Faubert; Option B)
- Au-delà d'une bonne vision : influence de la qualité de l'information visuelle sur les mécanismes de réallocation attentionnelle au cours de la conduite automobile
Sergio Mejia Romero, Université de Montréal (under the supervision of Jocelyn Faubert; Option B)
- Real visual cone analysis in driver's for the evaluation of perception strategies in driving simulators
Jose Ignacio Nazif-Muñoz, Université de Sherbrooke (under the supervision of Marie Claude Ouimet; Option A)
- Global and national impact of child restraint legislation on variation in child occupant fatalities
Paul St-Aubin, HEC Montréal (under the supervision of Nicolas Saunier; Option B)
- Road safety analysis of two- and four-way stop-controlled intersections using computer vision
Jillian Strauss, Polytechnique Montréal (under the supervision of Patrick Morency and Catherine Morency; Option B)
- Comparaison des taux de blessés associés aux déplacements en automobile et en transport en commun pour l’ensemble du réseau routier de la région métropolitaine de Montréal
Contest for presentation at a conference or symposium - Fall 2017
Postdoctoral level (1000 $)
Sylvanie Godillon, postdoctoral fellow (under the supervision of Marie-Soleil Cloutier)
- IMGS 2017 - 17th International Medical Geography Symposium
Caroline Pigeon, postodoctoral fellow (under the supervision of Mélanie Levasseur)
- 37e journées annuelles de la Société Française de Gériatrie et Gérontologie